One of the great advantages of living in a 55 plus community in Conroe TX is the abundance of things to do in the surrounding area.
Conroe is located about 50 miles from downtown Houston and is known for its 20,000 acre lake adjacent to Sam Houston National Forest. This list is just a sampling of the activities and attractions that make this area a prime place to live for active adults:
- Visit downtown Conroe to shop in the quaint boutiques, prowl the art galleries or sip coffee in the cafes. Century-old restored buildings create a small-town historical ambience.
- Head over to Conroe Central Market to shop from 50 antiques and collectibles vendors under one roof. Two floors of treasures await, so allow plenty of time to browse.
- Take in a show at the historic Crighton Theatre. Built in 1934, the theatre originally hosted Vaudeville performances. Now you’ll find musical theater, comedies, holiday spectaculars and more.
- Go fishing or boating on Lake Conroe. Rent a paddleboard or take a ride on a Cascade Cycleboat. These party boats seat 10 riders who pedal the boat. Enjoy drinks from the galley bar while pedaling with your fellow riders to keep the paddlewheel turning. After you’ve worked up an appetite, enjoy dinner at one of the eateries at Water Point Marina. If you prefer to take a more relaxing boat ride, book a Lake Conroe dinner cruise.
- History buffs will enjoy a visit to the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County. This small museum is filled with local artifacts and historical items. It’s next door to Candy Cane Park, which has picnic pavilions, tennis courts and the Conroe Aquatic Center.
- Explore the outdoors at Sam Houston National Forest. Hike the Lone Star Trail or enjoy a weekend of camping, bird watching or nature photography.
- Tour local breweries or wineries. Take a tour of Southern Star Brewing Company and enjoy a cold one while listening to live music in the biergarten. Continue your tour with a visit to B-52 Brewing, Copperhead Brewery or Blue Epiphany Vineyards.
These attractions and more are within easy reach of The Villas at White Oak Ranch. Call 936-703-5445 or email info@WoodFallsTx.com to schedule your tour of this vibrant 55 plus community in Conroe TX.Tags: homebuilder in conroe tx, homes for sale conroe tx, retirement in conroe tx
This post was written by Villas at White Oak